From Amma to Priya
The transformation was seamless, sensational and ofcourse a lot of fun too. Let me rotate a mosquito coil in front of you.
It was an early morning in the month of June'07 when the British Airways flight from Heathrow kissed the Chennai Runway. I reached home to know that my marriage plans were on a full swing. When I reached office they had already planned to pack me off the same weekend to Helsinki for a short visit. Thanks to this unexpected development, I hoped the Visit to the Girl' house will be delayed. My shrewd parents (especially Amma) outsmarted me (as always) by pre-poning the visit. Whats so unusual here is that they were closing the visit so aggressively that even the Girl' Father who was out of station could not make it on the day when we visited her house.
It was an early morning in the month of June'07 when the British Airways flight from Heathrow kissed the Chennai Runway. I reached home to know that my marriage plans were on a full swing. When I reached office they had already planned to pack me off the same weekend to Helsinki for a short visit. Thanks to this unexpected development, I hoped the Visit to the Girl' house will be delayed. My shrewd parents (especially Amma) outsmarted me (as always) by pre-poning the visit. Whats so unusual here is that they were closing the visit so aggressively that even the Girl' Father who was out of station could not make it on the day when we visited her house.
We were 6 people, Dad, Mom, Anna, Anni, Young'r Bro and Shree. So there was no dearth for leg-pulling comments.
She was claded in a blue out-fit with a very simple jewellery on her. But with a beaming (I could sense an assasin in her) smile. We got a few minutes to know about ourselves. As i left the place I knew for sure that I am coming back to take her with me - for the journey called 'LIFE'.
We had a good 4 months wait time. 2 to get engaged and 2 to get married. On 22-October'08, I took her hands into mine with a promise that I shall (from the very second) share every moment with her, standby her as a moral and mental support to her at all times, take good care of all her and all her loved ones like that way she would.
We did not run away from the marriage hall for the Honeymoon, but chose to stay back with our loved ones by taking a month to understand ourselves, our relatives and then proceeded to Mauritius. It was a confused state for me in the following days. I sometimes did not realize that I got married. Priya, had got into me so well and the transformation was seamless, sensational and was a real fun - (Note - Mosquito Coil Removed from now). Practical, caring, friendly, down-to-earth with a no-non-sense approach is certanly an understatement to describe Priya.
Guess the only difference between Mom and Wife (so far I have realised) is the level of intimacy. Any thing else when measured for difference even with the most precise scale in the world will always result a zero.
Both constantly wage a futile war on me to make me realize how bad I am. Always be there to make me realize that I am the best. Just walk by my side to help me stand up again by lending a support hand.
Guess the only difference between Mom and Wife (so far I have realised) is the level of intimacy. Any thing else when measured for difference even with the most precise scale in the world will always result a zero.
Both constantly wage a futile war on me to make me realize how bad I am. Always be there to make me realize that I am the best. Just walk by my side to help me stand up again by lending a support hand.
Recently I visited Boston where I met my College Friend Tilak. Tilak could not make it to my marriage and was eagerly looking at the marriage photos stored in my lappie (I got my lappie during my first US Trip Jan'07). Since my visit was curtailed to just 10 days I could not visit Tilak's house. Hence we met in the coffee shop where he was eagerly looking at the photos and inquiring about the 2 day ceremony. After a hour or so, it was time and we started. Tilak, looked into my eyes and asked me, "How are you feeling now"?. I took a deep breath and responded. "I don't know. I am not sure if I deserve her. But I know I am happy". Tilak responded by hugging me as everyone in the central square of Park Square Building stood for a moment to acknowledge Tilak' gesture. To me even they shared a part of that beautiful moment.
Please welcome to Priy@ into my beautiful world.
<< Home