Thursday, July 19, 2007

In shah Allah

tock tock tock.........hey hold on!!! don’t click on the online dictionary page... that’s me knocking my blog space. Guess I left it to a calm slumber for almost a long time.

As usual, it started in a single mail, then couple of conference calls, raise a request, collect some information and finally left totally blind folded. Ram started packing his stuff again. Oh no! there’s nothing new in it.

In shah Allah
In shah Allah was the first word I heard when I got a call from my Dubai Office confirming my travel details. Yeah, I was making my first trip to Middle East (Kuwait). This time my mission was little bit different, “Seek more”, “Even more” and “Finally get more biz”.
The learning started in Chennai Airport itself. As I was waiting to collect my boarding pass, I could see many people from rural areas waiting in the queue. Barring few idiots whose trip was sponsored by their company, (Guess, I have given enough info before to be part of this Idiot list) others had converted their property, jewels and their family’s trust in the form of tickets. These are the people leaving their loved ones behind with genuine ambitions and aspirations to be the bread winner of their family, not sure of what’s in store for them in the host nation, certainly having no clue on when they would return back to see the family. I just happened to see the tip of the iceberg when I helped few of them fill their Immigration Form. I was half dead by then!!!!!!!!!!!

Within few hours I was in Kuwait Int’l Airport. Saw hoards of people, my countrymen gathered in groups out of fear, loneliness and exasperation due to the 3rd rated treatment rendered to them by the immigration officials. In no time my countrymen who were heroes till they left their home country became more like slaves in alien land. Here they are just meant to be bonded labors wanting to be here and earn their living.


“Vanakkam”, sugama??? The first Tamil voice I heard was in my hotel, Mr. Antony from Srilanka has a real sad story. With the island nation under the war clouds, Anthony is bonded to be here for next 2 years, which means it’s almost close to impossible for him to get away from here. It pained a lot to hear him saying that he is considering the stay here as a long term imprisonment.

Who said they are slaves!!!! To me they have become Super-Heroes!!!!!!!!

I am sorry I never realized even when attending the International Financial Management course during my MBA that exchange rate can create such an unbearable pain.


To me life is a teacher with little difference – Life first conducts the exam and then shares the lessons.

PS: Despite all this pain there is one soul that lighted my spirits everyday from UK and helped me sail through the rough sea. Thanks Pr!Y@!!!!!