Independent India turns 59

As I write this down, I get apprehensive by looking at the awry way of how we celebrate the day that was earned after shedding millions of lives, the one that came out of strong will power, the only one that can change the destiny of the entire nation........
"Are we really independent?"
- The Prime Minister still delivers the I-Day Speech from a space encompassed by bullet-proof glass. The question remains to be answered.....Are we really independent?
- Social activist Anna Hazare on a fast to death following the attempts to make the Right To Information (RTI) act almost extinct especially after the NDTV Campaign against the corruption practices which has created the much needed awareness against corruption. The question remains to be answered.....Are we independent?
- The Prime Minister still delivers the I-Day Speech from a space encompassed by bullet-proof glass. The question remains to be answered.....Are we really independent?
- Social activist Anna Hazare on a fast to death following the attempts to make the Right To Information (RTI) act almost extinct especially after the NDTV Campaign against the corruption practices which has created the much needed awareness against corruption. The question remains to be answered.....Are we independent?
"The way we celebrate the I-Day"
Politicians have almost used the I-Day to discuss the Ruling Parties Achievements and to roll-out major schemes. Satellite channels on their part have done the required damage to kill the sanctity of I-Day.
- It was delightful and extremely useful to see Actress Namitha, Actor Ravi (Sorry if I had missed somebody in other channels) share useful insights on why they chose this profession and some information on what do they like and dislike.
- There were few "SUPER HIT MOVIES" screened for the first time in the entire world (as though there exists a huge competition in screening those super-hit movies).
- There were few "SUPER HIT MOVIES" screened for the first time in the entire world (as though there exists a huge competition in screening those super-hit movies).
Agreed, the TRP Rating and the AD Revenue that these programs can create is important for the Satellite TV's. But should we bring even the I-Day in this commercial list. If this continues, Im sure we will leave not even a trace of idea to the younger generation on the "Who's and What's about the Indian Independece War". We are not very far from adding the I-Day to the list of "Just Another Day" when we get a Holiday, and expect some stars' interview, some of our favourite movies to be screened.
The real heroes are to be forgetten there. Somewhere I feel a slight pain in me.
HAPPY I-DAY.
<< Home