Thursday, May 11, 2006

Is Chennai Conservative????

Channel - CNN-IBN
Place - Anna University
Location - Red Building
Context - Panel Discussion

Moderator: Rajdeep Sardesai

Panelists
Mr. Srinivasan (Infotech Entrepreneur)
Ms. Suhasini Manirathnam (Film Artist)
Mr. N. Ram (Editor-in-Chief, The Hindu)
Ms. Jayanthi Natarajan (Congress Leader)
Mr. N. Jyothi (MP-RS, ADMK)
Mr. Cho Ramaswamy (Political Commentator)

I was enthralled to see my Home Ground (Anna University) in its typical serene atmosphere with the grand Red Building beatifully lit.Though i missed the major part of the discussion, a few moments that i enjoyed.

Rajdeep: Is the Delhi - Tamilnadu distance a Boon or a Bane?
Cho Ramaswamy: Well it is a 'Blessing in Disguise'. We manage to uproot upto 60 politicians from the state by electing them to the Parliament to restore happiness in the state.

Rajdeep: Who is the One Tamilian you are proud of?? We will have the answers after the Break.

I was wondering who can they be? I could come out with two names before the next segment,
1) Shri. Kamaraj 2) Shri. Subbramaniya Bharathi

After the break........

These were the responses.
Srinivasan - Kamaraj
Suhasini Manirathnam - Periyar
N.Ram - Subbramaniya Bharathi
Jayanthi Natarajan - Kamaraj
N.Jyothi - Anna, Periyar among the dead and Jayalalitha among the alive.
Rajdeep interrupted," I am not surprised by that answer, for you have to utter the name to continue in the party".
Cho Ramaswamy - Subbramaniya Bharathi

Rajdeep, that was a real good one.......